One of my sons just moved and I wanted to make a special house warming present.They use the fabric coiled rope plates that I had made them last year, so I made them a new set. I used the leftover fabric to make rug mugs. Originally, I had planned to make a basket to store the plates, but I found a nice round table basket at Target.
As I was adding the orange binding to one of the fabric plates, my sewing machine started making an awful noise. I followed the trouble shooting suggestions in the manual, but the machine just kept making a sharp noise. I called the dealer and was given more trouble shooting suggestions, but nothing worked. I am hoping that this is not as major as the loud sound leads me to believe. I will not be able to take the machine in for another two weeks. I was planning to take it to a quilt retreat that my friend had planned for us. I guess I will have to take my Viking machine. I pulled out my trusty Viking to finish the fabric mats. The Viking is a good machine, but the Juki runs so much smoother. I have been very satisfied with the Juki, except for the mechanism for winding the bobbin. The spool pin bobs up and down and eventually falls off, especially when the spool of thread is not full. I have taken it back to the dealer to see if I am doing something wrong, and it is just the design of the machine. I was given a smaller insert to use instead of the cap, but it still does not work. I end up having to hold down the shaft, which makes it a start and stop operation.
When I return in two weeks, I hope to get my Juki to the shop and get it running again. I have drawn up some plans and purchased fabric for another quilt.