Flower Power Denim Bag Update

After running errands this morning, I was able to complete the Flower Power Denim bag.
It has a floral lining which is fabric that I used on two previous bags.
The lining has two denim pockets.
I used buttons to make a flower for each of the center denim squares.
I hand embroidered the stems, leaves, and decorative stitching.
20160613_192125499_iOS

20160613_210108111_iOS    20160613_210153527_iOS 20160613_210305897_iOS

There is about 2 yards of denim remaining from the fabric I received from my sister.
I bought some charm squares that coordinate with the denim.
The white and grey polka dot will line two totes.
20160613_220041290_iOS

Flower Power Denim Tote Bag…in Progress

20160612_143540469_iOS
My stash bins are out of control again.

As I was reorganizing the bins, I started thinking
of a design for a new bag.
My sister had given me yards of denim.
The bins were filled with floral print remnants.
20160612_165821080_iOS
I started with 6.5 inch denim squares.
I framed the squares with 2.5 inch floral squares.

20160612_173644474_iOS
The block is a 10 inch square.
20160613_022020202_iOS
I decided to add denim borders.
I also thought I would try embroidering some flowers
in the center square.
I finished piecing both front and back sections,
but I only embroidered one side.
I’ll try to finish it tomorrow.