Brackenridge Park Quilt

Since the members of the Brack Pack are off in different directions, I picked up the Brackenridge Park quilt top in order to continue from our last stopping point.
I had used interfacing to make the photos ready for applique.
Then we placed the photos on wool felt and pinned them in the appropriate spots.
When I first tried to sew one the photos and felt frames onto the quilt, I had difficulty keeping the photos straight.
The group thought it would be a good idea to use double-sided fusible interfacing, so that is where I started today.
We were so wrong about the interfacing.
It made the felt a bit goopy and it didn’t stick.
I ended up slip stitching the photos.
We might still slip stitch the felt border, but we will all have to make this decision.
Our friend, Jeana Kubik, of Busy Bees Quilting, has offered to long arm the quilt for us.
We plan to consult with her to see what else we should do, if anything.
We can always count on Jeana for great ideas.

Click on Alamo Nature Challenge for information on these photos.

Dionicio Rodriquez Bridge

Pump House



Keyboard Strips

On Tuesday, I spent the afternoon talking with my friend Jeana.
Jeana is a great resource for ideas.
She helped me gel the plans for the Hope quilt.
Jeana also sells fabric for backing quilts, and I found the perfect backing for the Hope quilt.
She suggested I try keyboard strips for the border, and then she gave me scraps that I could use to supplement what I have.
My usable remnants are diminishing.
After I finish working on these three quilts in progress, I promise myself that I will pitch the unusable fabric.
I have started sorting by usable and non-usable.
I am thinking of piecing remnants and making wonky blocks…maybe.

These are a few of the keyboard strips I have made so far.