Procrastination is my middle name.
I have four quilts to bind before Christmas.
Instead of binding, I spent the afternoon making small pouches. Well, I sort of have a reason for this procrastination. My fingers need a chance to heal. I had a run-in with the needle when I was sewing a coiled rope coaster. I sewed right over the tip of left pointing finger. Ouch! Then, I had a mishap with the rotary blade on the pointing finger on my right hand. It is difficult to bind with my fingers in bandages.
My sister had asked if I could make her a small pouch. I tried two different sizes. The first pouch is 4″X 5″. The second pouch is 2.5″X 3″. I am going to try to make one that is 3″X 4″. I think it would make a cute set of three pouches. This project gave me the opportunity to use the button-hole tool on my machine. I have been wanting to use it ever since I took a class on how to use the machine. As you can see, I am still having difficulty with the button placement. The feather pouch was my first attempt, and the button is way too high. The other two pouches came out a little bit better.