After a day of working on the quilt for my grandson, my sewing studio looks like it has been hit by a storm. As I was digging into different bins, looking for scraps, I did not follow my rule of putting things back in their place as I go. Well, I will look at this as a positive thing. It will give me the opportunity to reorganize and weed out what I will not be using.
I added some applique bugs and birds to the sections that have the name already appliqued.
For some reason, this photo shows the denim a bit discolored, and it is not.
Since I am making blocks without really measuring, I am having to adjust the pieces as I go.
I made two side pieces to complete the middle section.
This piece is not attached yet, so the photo looks off.
These are the first three sections that I pieced today.
The top row of houses and the name strips were done a long time ago.
The houses were all done without a ruler.
This was my first attempt at some type of improv.
At that time, I was also just learning how to applique.
So, the letters are not as nice as I would like them to be.
I completed the applique on this middle section today. The stitches are better on this piece than on the letters.
This quilt is a learning process for me.
It has been fun finding fabric and creating pieces that tell little stories about my grandson.
I know he does not need another quilt…but…I am making one anyway.