Autumn Leaves

The first time I attempted to make a leaf mug rug was a bit disappointing.
When I turned the fabric right side out, it looked nothing like a leaf.
So, then I tried sewing back sides together and just zig-zagging the edges.
The shape was right, but the edges looked awful.
You can see the batting sticking out of the edges.
This morning, I tried once more to sew right sides together.
The results are a bit better.
I used fusible batting on both sides in order to provide more insulation.
I used a chop stick to form the points before pressing.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s