We had a garage sale to clear out my mother’s estate.
My siblings and I also took some of our things to sell ( and clean up our houses).
My sister brought a bin of fabric, and I went crazy.
I couldn’t believe she was going to get rid of it.
She said I could have first grabs…for free.
It was difficult, but I kept myself to a minimum.
There was some real cute Nemo fabric, along with co-coordinating fabric.
I decided to make a quillow.
Many years ago, my aunt had made one, and I thought it was cute.
There are many free patterns and tutorials on Pinterest.
I chose one that had a pieced top.
It called for cutting 122 pieces at 8 1/2″ x 3 1/8″.
For some crazy reason, I wanted to have a slightly larger quilt, so I changed it to 9 1/2″ x 3 1/8″.
This project started out to be fun, and the pattern directions were clear and easy to read.
I just had a difficult time matching the seams where the “pillow” portion is attached to the top row.
I have pieced the top, and purchased the batting.
Now, I need to get fabric for the backing.
I hand quilted the top of the pillow portion, and now I have to prepare to machine quilt the front, batting, and backing.
I have never machine quilted something so large, and I am not sure I can do it.
Luckily, I will be taking a week off, to spend time with my granddaughter.
The only sewing I will be doing is small projects with her.
Maybe, when I return, I will have the energy and the positive attitude to take up the quilting.